1. Review the importance of good oral hygiene in order to prevent soft tissue inflammation and minimize the risk of gingival hyperplasia
2. Review the proper use of oral hygiene aids in order to prevent injury.
3. Daily home fluoride treatments for persistent dry mouth.
4. Avoid alcohol-containing mouth rinses and beverages.
5. Avoid caffeine-containing beverages.
6. Dry mouth can be treated with tart, sugarless gum or candy, water, sugar-free beverages, or with saliva substitutes if dry mouth persists.
7. Several antihypertensive agents cause sedation which can be intensified with the addition of an opioid analgesic or benzodiazepine. Use caution when doing anything that requires thought or concentration, such as operating heavy machinery, driving a car, or taking care of children.
8. Several antihypertensive agents can cause gastrointestinal (GI) irritation which can be intensified with the addition of a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Take the medication with food or milk to help avoid or minimize GI discomfort.
Was this article helpful?
Do You Suffer From High Blood Pressure? Do You Feel Like This Silent Killer Might Be Stalking You? Have you been diagnosed or pre-hypertension and hypertension? Then JOIN THE CROWD Nearly 1 in 3 adults in the United States suffer from High Blood Pressure and only 1 in 3 adults are actually aware that they have it.