1. Review the importance of good oral hygiene in order to prevent soft tissue inflammation.
2. Review the proper use of oral hygiene aids in order to prevent injury.
3. Secondary oral infection may occur. Seek dental treatment immediately if this happens.
4. Daily home fluoride treatments for persistent dry mouth.
5. Avoid alcohol-containing mouth rinses and beverages.
6. Avoid caffeine-containing beverages.
7. Dry mouth can be treated with tart, sugarless gum or candy, water, sugar-free beverages, or with saliva substitutes if dry mouth persists.
Was this article helpful?