1. Patients with symptoms of blood dyscrasias should be referred to their primary care provider for complete blood counts. Treatment should be postponed until the results are known.
2. Consultation may be required in order to assess the extent of disease control.
3. Use caution if dental surgery and anesthetics are necessary. Client/Family Teaching
1. Daily home fluoride treatments for persistent dry mouth.
2. Avoid alcohol-containing mouth rinses and beverages.
3. Avoid caffeine-containing beverages.
4. Dry mouth can be treated with tart, sugarless gum or candy, water, sugar-free beverages, or with saliva substitutes if dry mouth persists.
Was this article helpful?