1. Consultation may be required to determine level of disease control and patient's ability to tolerate stress.
2. Consultation may be necessary in order to obtain information regarding the patient's blood glucose levels including glycosolated hemoglobin (Gb) or HbA1-C testing. Client/Family Teaching
1. Review the importance of good oral hygiene in order to prevent soft tissue inflammation.
2. Review the proper use of oral hygiene aids in order to prevent injury.
3. Avoid alcohol-containing mouth rinses and beverages.
Was this article helpful?