See also Dental Concerns for Beta-Adrenergic Blocking Agents and Antihypertensive Agents. Client/Family Teaching
1. Review the importance of good oral hygiene in order to prevent soft tissue inflammation.
2. Review the proper use of oral hygiene aids in order to prevent injury.
3. Daily home, fluoride treatments for persistent dry mouth.
4. Avoid alcohol-containing mouth rinses.
5. Dry mouth can be treated with tart, sugarless gum or candy, water, or with saliva substitutes if dry mouth persists.
Was this article helpful?
Do You Suffer From High Blood Pressure? Do You Feel Like This Silent Killer Might Be Stalking You? Have you been diagnosed or pre-hypertension and hypertension? Then JOIN THE CROWD Nearly 1 in 3 adults in the United States suffer from High Blood Pressure and only 1 in 3 adults are actually aware that they have it.