1. Examine patient for oral signs and symptoms of opportunistic infection.
2. Frequent recall in order to evaluate for signs and symptoms of side effects due to drug and disease.
3. Semisupine chair position may be necessary because of GI adverse effects.
4. Semisupine chair position may be necessary for patients with respiratory disease.
1. Medical consultation may be necessary in order to assess patient's ability to tolerate stress.
2. Medical consultation may be necessary in order to assess patient's level of disease control.
3. Patients with symptoms of blood dyscrasias should be referred to their primary care provider for complete blood counts. Treatment should be postponed until the results are known.
4. Acute oral infection may require consultation with health care provider.
1. Review the importance of good oral hygiene in order to prevent soft tissue inflammation.
2. Review the proper use of oral hygiene aids in order to prevent injury.
3. Improved dietary measures may help to maintain oral and systemic health
4. Report oral sores, lesions, or bleeding to the dentist.
5. Update patient's dental record (medication/health history) as needed.
Was this article helpful?
A time for giving and receiving, getting closer with the ones we love and marking the end of another year and all the eating also. We eat because the food is yummy and plentiful but we don't usually count calories at this time of year. This book will help you do just this.