See also Dental Concerns for Beta-Adrenergic Blocking Agents and Antihypertensive Agents. Client/Family Teaching
1. 1. Review the importance of good oral hygiene in order to prevent soft tissue inflammation.
2. Review the proper use of oral hygiene aids in order to prevent injury.
3. Daily home fluoride treatments for persistent dry mouth.
4. Avoid alcohol-containing mouth rinses and beverages.
5. Avoid caffeine-containing beverages.
6. Dry mouth can be treated with tart, sugarless gum or candy, water, sugarless beverages, or with saliva substitutes if dry mouth persists.
Was this article helpful?
Your heart pumps blood throughout your body using a network of tubing called arteries and capillaries which return the blood back to your heart via your veins. Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart beats.Learn more...