1. Monitor vital signs at every appointment because of cardiovascular side effects.
2. Have the patient sit up slowly and remain seated for at least two minutes after being supine in order to minimize the risk of orthostatic hypotension.
1. Patients with symptoms of blood dyscrasias should be referred to their primary care provider for complete blood counts. Treatment should be postponed until the results are known.
2. Consultation may be required in order to assess extent of disease control and patient's ability to tolerate stress. Client/Family Teaching
1. Review the importance of good oral hygiene in order to prevent soft tissue inflammation.
2. Review the proper use of oral hygiene aids in order to prevent injury.
3. Daily home fluoride treatments for persistent dry mouth.
4. Avoid alcohol-containing mouth rinses and beverages.
5. Avoid caffeine-containing beverages.
6. Dry mouth can be treated with tart, sugarless gum or candy, water, sugar-free beverages, or with saliva substitutes if dry mouth persists.
Was this article helpful?
Now if this is what you want, you’ve made a great decision to get and read this book. “How To Cure Yeast Infection” is a practical book that will open your eyes to the facts about yeast infection and educate you on how you can calmly test (diagnose) and treat yeast infection at home.