1. Patients should be monitored for untoward effects.
3. Patients may require chlorhexi-dine mouth rinse prior to and during chemotherapy in order to help reduce the severity of mucositis.
4. Other medications may be required to treat the oral side effects of cancer chemotherapy. Client/Family Teaching
1. Patients should be aware of the oral side effects of this drug and cancer chemotherapy.
2. Patients recovering from anesthesia after dental treatment should report any excessive nausea and vomiting.
Was this article helpful?