See also Dental Concerns for BetaAdrenergie Blocking Agents and Antihypertensive Agents. Client/Family Teaching
1. Review the importance of good oral hygiene in order to prevent soft tissue inflammation.
2. Review the proper use of oral hygiene aids in order to prevent injury.
3. Daily home fluoride treatments for persistent dry mouth.
4. Avoid mouth rinses with alcohol because alcohol can exacerbate dry mouth.
5. Dry mouth can be treated with tart, sugarless gum or candy, water, or with saliva substitutes if dry mouth persists.
Was this article helpful?
Your heart pumps blood throughout your body using a network of tubing called arteries and capillaries which return the blood back to your heart via your veins. Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart beats.Learn more...