1. Vasoconstrictors should be used with caution because of their CNS stimulating side effects.
1. It may be necessary to consult with the appropriate health care provider to determine the extent of disease control and the patient's ability to tolerate stress.
1. Daily home fluoride treatments for persistent dry mouth.
2. Avoid alcohol-containing mouth rinses and beverages.
3. Avoid caffeine-containing beverages.
4. Dry mouth can be treated with tart, sugarless gum or candy, water, sugar-free beverages, or with saliva substitutes if dry mouth persists.
5. Do not drive or perform hazardous tasks requiring mental acuity.
Was this article helpful?