See also Dental Concerns for Antiviral Drugs. General
1. Semisupine position for dental chair in order to help alleviate or minimize GI discomfort from the drug.
2. Examine patient for oral signs and symptoms of opportunistic infection.
4. Frequent recall in order to evaluate healing of infection. Consultation with Primary Care Provider
1. Medical consultation may be necessary in order to assess patient's ability to tolerate stress.
2. Medical consultation may be necessary in order to assess patient's level of disease control.
Was this article helpful?