1. Early morning and shorter appointments as well as methods for addressing anxiety levels in the patient can help to reduce the amount of stress that the patient is experiencing.
3. Monitor vital signs at every appointment because of cardiovascular and respiratory side effects.
4. If the drug is used for sedation in the dental office, assess vital signs before administration and every 30 minutes thereafter.
6. Have the patient sit up slowly and remain seated for at least two minutes after being supine in order to minimize the risk of orthostatic hypotension.
7. The patient should have someone drive him to and from the dental office if the drug is used for conscious sedation.
Was this article helpful?
Stop Letting Anxiety Rule Your Life And Take Back The Control You Desire Right Now! You don't have to keep letting your anxiety disorder run your life. You can take back your inner power and change your life for the better starting today! In order to have control of a thing, you first must understand it. And that is what this handy little guide will help you do. Understand this illness for what it is. And, what it isn't.