1. Monitor vital signs at every appointment because of cardiovascular side effects.
2. Have the patient sit up slowly and remain seated for at least two minutes after being supine in order to minimize the risk of orthostatic hypotension.
4. Shorter appointments may be necessary because of the effects of Parkinson's disease on muscle. Consultation with Primary Care Provider
1. Consultation may be required in order to assess extent of disease control. Client/Family Teaching
1. Daily home fluoride treatments for persistent dry mouth.
2. Avoid alcohol-containing mouth rinses and beverages.
3. Avoid caffeine-containing beverages.
4. Dry mouth can be treated with tart, sugarless gum or candy, water, sugar-free beverages, or with saliva substitutes if dry mouth persists.
Was this article helpful?