1. Monitor vital signs at every appointment because of cardiovascular effects.
2. Have the patient sit up slowly and remain seated for at least two minutes after being supine in order to minimize the risk of orthostatic hypotension.
1. Consultation with primary care provider may be necessary to assess patient status (disease control and ability to tolerate stress). Client/Family Teaching
1. Daily home fluoride treatments for persistent dry mouth.
2. Avoid alcohol-containing mouth rinses and beverages.
3. Avoid caffeine-containing beverages.
4. Dry mouth can be treated with tart, sugarless gum or candy, water, sugar-free beverages, or with saliva substitutes if dry mouth persists.
Was this article helpful?