* Provide structural support for nerve cells.
* Contact both capillaries and neurons and form the blood-brain barrier, thereby regulating the chemical composition of the extracellular space.
* Proliferation and repair following injury to nerves. They are responsible for reactive gliosis in response to injury to the CNS.
* Astrocytes produce a large number of growth factors, which act singly or in combination to selectively regulate the morphology, proliferation, differentiation and/or survival of distinct neuronal subpopulations.
* Isolation and grouping of nerve fibres and terminals.
* Participate in metabolic pathways which modulate ions, transmitters, and metabolites involved in the function of neurons and their synapses.
Was this article helpful?
So maybe instead of being a pencil-neck dweeb, youre a bit of a fatty. Well, thats no problem either. Because this bonus will show you exactly how to burn that fat off AS you put on muscle. By boosting your metabolism and working out the way you normally do, you will get rid of all that chub and gain the hard, rippled muscles youve been dreaming of.