• Episodic vestibular symptoms: vertigo, illusory sense of motion, positional vertigo.
• Migraine according to International Headache Society criteria.
• At least one of the following migrainous symptoms during at least two vertiginous attacks: headache, photophobia, phonophobia, visual, or other auras.
• Other causes of dizziness ruled out by appropriate investigations.
• Self- or family history of migraine.
Adapted with permission from Headache Classification Subcommittee of the International Headache Society. The International Classification of Headache Disorders, 2nd ed. Cephalalgia 2004;24:S9-S60, and from Blackwell Publishing.
Was this article helpful?