Presentation

The symptoms of a gastrinoma are directly attributable to the release of gastrin. The majority of patients have peptic ulcer disease and its attendant symptoms of abdominal pain. Additionally, patients with a gastrinoma will often have complaints of diarrhea. In fact, some degree of diarrhea is present in approximately one-half of patients. Up to 10% of patients may have diarrhea as their only presenting symptom. Symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux may also be elicited in about one-half of patients.

Gastrinomas are sporadic in approximately 75% of cases. In the other 25% of cases, however, gastrinoma occurs in association with multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome (MEN). Specifically, it is associated with MEN I syndrome which features pituitary neoplasia and parathyroid hyperplasia in addition to a pancreatic endocrine neoplasm. Approximately 50% of gastrinomas are malignant.

Herbal Remedies For Acid Reflux

Herbal Remedies For Acid Reflux

Gastroesophageal reflux disease is the medical term for what we know as acid reflux. Acid reflux occurs when the stomach releases its liquid back into the esophagus, causing inflammation and damage to the esophageal lining. The regurgitated acid most often consists of a few compoundsbr acid, bile, and pepsin.

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment