1. Mittleman MA and Siscovic KDS, Physical exertion as a trigger of myocardial infarction and sudden cardiac death. Cardiology Clinics 1996; 14(2): 263-70.
2. Wolthus RA et al., The response of healthy men to treadmill exercise. Circulation 1977; 55:153.
3. Dimsdale JE, et al., Post exercise peril: Plasma catecholamine and exercise. JAMA 1984; 252:630-632.
4. Young DB, et al., Potassium and catecholamine concentrations in the immediate post exercise period. Am J Med Sci, 1992; 304(3): 150-153.
5. Lindinger M, Potassium regulation during exercise and recovery in humans: Implications for skeletal and cardiac muscle. J Mol Cell Cardiol 1995; 27:10111022.
7. Guyton AC and Hall JE, Textbook of Medical Physiology. 10th ed. WB Saunders Co. Philadelphia, 2000.
8. Frommel D, et al., Voluntary total fasting: a challenge for the medical community, Lancet, 1984; 1:1451-29.
9. Keys A, et al., The Biology of Human Starvation. University of Minnesota Press, 1950.
10. Leiter LA and Marlis EB, Survival during fasting may depend on fat as well as protein stores. JAMA 1982; 248:2306-2307.
11. Simpson K, Exposure to cold/starvation and neglect, in Simpson K (Ed): Modern Trends in Forensic Medicine. St Louis, Mo, CV Mosby Co, 1953.
12. Winick M (Ed), Hunger Disease: Studies by the Jewish Physicians in the Warsaw Ghetto. New York, John Wiley & Sons, 1979.
13. Prahlow JA and Barnard JJ, Fatal anaphylaxis caused by fire ant stings. Am J Forens Med & Path 1998; 19(2):137-142.
14. Delage C and Irey NS, Anaphylactic deaths: A clinicopathologic study of 43 cases. J Forens Sci 1972; 17:525-540.
15. Pumphrey RSH and Roberts IS, Postmortem findings after fatal anaphylactic reactions. J. Clin Path 2000; 53(4):273-276.
16. Schwartz HJ, et al., Studies in stinging insect hypersensitivity: Postmortem demonstration of antivenom IgE antibody and possible sting-related sudden death. Am J Clin Pathol 1986; 85:607-610.
17. Murphy JC et al., Ocular irritancy responses to various pHs of acid and bases with/without irrigation, Toxicology 1982; 23:281-291.
18. Christie A, An Overdose of Death, 1940.
19. Coplans MP and Curson I, Deaths associated with dentistry. Br Dental J 1982; 153:357-362.
Chen AH, Toxicity and allergy to local anesthesia. CDA Journal 1998; 26(9):683-692.
Lalli AF and Amaranath L, A critique on mortality associated with local anesthetics. Anesthes Rev 1982; 9(6):29-36.
Pallasch TJ, Vasoconstrictors and the heart, CDA J 26(9):668-676. Hilley MD, et al., Fatality associated with the combined use of halothane and gingival retraction cord. Anesthesiology 1984; 60:587-588.
Garriott JC and DiMaio VJM, Death in the dental chair: Three drug fatalities in dental patients. J Toxicol-Clin Toxicol 1982-3; 19:987-995 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Vital Statistics Report. Deaths: Final Data for 1998. 48(11):95
Lawson HW, et al., Abortion mortality, United States, 1972 through 1987. Am J Obstet Gyn 1994; 171(5):1365-1372.
Wigglesworth JS, The macerated stillborn fetus, in Perinatal Pathology. 2nd ed, Philadelphia, WB Saunders Co, 1996, pp 78-86.
Strachan GI, The pathology of fetal maceration. Br Med J 1922; 2:80-82. Wigglesworth JS, Intrapartum and early neonatal death: the interaction of asphyxia and trauma, in Perinatal Pathology. 2nd ed Philadelphia, WB Saunders Co, 1996, pp 87-103.
Klein, cited by Taylor AS., Medical Jurisprudence, 7th ed, London, 1961. DiMaio VJM and DiMaio SJ, Fatal water intoxication in a case of psychogenic polydipsia. J Forens Sci 1980; 25:332-335
Coe JI, Postmortem chemistries on human vitreous humor. Am J Clin Pathol 1969; 51:741-750.
Coe JI, Some further thoughts and observations on postmortem chemistries. Forens Sci Gazette 1973; 4(5):2-5.
Coe JI, Case # 7, Forensic Pathology Dinner Seminar (# 410), American Society of Clinical Pathology.
DiMaio VJM, Sturner WQ, and Coe JJ, Sudden and unexpected deaths after the acute onset of diabetes mellitus. J Forens Sci 1977; 22:147-151.
Coe JI, Peripheral blood glucose and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Forens Sci Gazette 1975; 6(4):1-239.
Hopkins PM, Malignant hyperthermia: advance in clinical management and daignosis. Br J. Anaesth 2000; 85(1):118-28.
Robinson JF, et al., Perforation of the great vessels during central venous line placement. Arch Intern. Med 1995; 155(11):1225-1228.
Palmon SC, et al., Venous air embolism: a review. J Clin Anesth, 1997;
Was this article helpful?