1. Ritter von Rittershain G. Die exfoliative Dermatitis jüngerer Sauglinge. Zentralzeitung fur Kinderheilkunde 1878; 2: 3.
2. Melish M. Staphylococci, streptococci and the skin: Review of impetigo and the staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome. Semin Dermatol 1992; 1: 101.
3. Amagi M, Matsuyoshi N, Wang Z, et al. Toxin in bullous impetigo and staphylococcus scalded skin syndrome targets desmoglein 1. Nat Med 2000; 6: 1275.
4. Hardwick N, Richard M, Mathieu-Serra A. Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome in a homosexual adult. J Am Acad Dermatol 1986; 15: 385.
5. Cribier B, Piemont Y, Grosshans E. Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome in adults: A clinical review illustrated with a new case. J Am Acad Dermatol 1994; 30: 319.
6. Lyell A. The staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome in historical perspective: Emergence of dermopathic strains of staphylococcus aureus and discovery of the epidermolytic toxin. J Am Acad Dermatol 1983; 9: 285.
7. Richard M, Mathieu-Serra A. Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome in a homosexual man. J Am Acad Dermatol 1986; 15: 385.
8. Institute of Medicine. National Academy of Science: Conference on the toxic shock syndrome. Ann Intern Med 1982; 96: 835.
9. Tofte R, Williams D. Toxic shock syndrome: Clinical and laboratory features in 15 patients. Ann Intern Med 1981; 94: 149.
10. Huntley A, Tanabe J. Toxic shock syndrome as a complication of dermatologic surgery. J Am Acad Dermatol 1987; 16: 227.
11. Manders S. Toxin-mediated streptococcal and staphylococcal disease. J Am Acad Dermatol 1998; 39: 383.
12. Elias P, Fritsch P, Epstein E. Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome: Clinical features, pathogenesis, and recent microbiological and biochemical developments. Arch Dermatol 1977; 113: 207.
13. Cone L, Woodard D, Byrd R, Schulz K, Kopp S, Schlievert P. A recalcitrant, erythematous desquamating disorder associated with toxin-producing staphylococci in patients with HIV disease. J Infect Dis 1992; 165: 638.
14. Hurwitz R, Ackerman A. Cutaneous pathology of the toxic shock syndrome. Am J Dermatopathol 7: 563.
15. Schlievert P. Use of intravenous immunoglobulin in the treatment of staphylococcal and streptococcal toxic shock syndromes and related illnesses. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2001; 108: S107.
Was this article helpful?
How To Maintain The Stop Smoking Pledge From Your New Year’s Resolution. Get All The Support And Guidance You Need To Be A Success At Quitting Smoking. This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To How To Maintain The Stop Smoking Pledge From Your New Year’s Resolution.