1. Rulon DB, Helwig EB. Cutaneous sebaceous neoplasms. Cancer 1974 ; 33: 82-102.
2. Schartz RA. The Muir-Torre syndrome: A 25-year retrospective. J Am Acad Dermatol 1995; 33: 90-104.
3. Cohen PR, Kohn SR, Kurzrock R. Association of sebaceous gland tumors and internal malignancy: The Muir-Torre syndrome. Am J Med 1991; 90: 606-613.
4. Akhtar S, Oza KK, Khan SA, Wright J. Muir-Torre syndrome: Case report of a patient with concurrent jejunal and ureteral cancer and a review of the literature. J Am Acad Dermatol 1999; 41: 681-686.
5. Nystrom-Lahti M, Parsons R, Sistonen P, Pylkkanen L, Aaltonen LA, Leach FS, Hamilton SR, Watson P, Bronsen E., Fusar, R, et al. Mismatch repair genes on chromosomes 2p and 3p account for a major share of hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer families evaluable by linkage. Am J Human Genet 1994; 55: 659-665.
6. Mathiak M, Rutten A, Mangold E, Fischer H-P, Ruzieka T, Friedl W, Propping P, Kruse R. Loss of DNA mismatch repair proteins in skin tumors from patients with Muir-Torre syndrome and MSH2 or MLH1 germline mutations: Establishment of immunohistoehemieal analysis as a screening test. Am J Surg Pathol 2002; 26: 33B-343.
7. Troy JL, Aekerman AB. Sebaeeoma. A distinctive benign neoplasm of adnexal epithelium differentiating toward sebaceous cells. Am J Dermatopathol 19B4; 6: 7-13.
B. Hodek E, Jones RE, Aekerman AB. Solitary keratoacanthoma is a squamous-eell carcinoma: Three examples with metastases. Am J Dermatopathol 1993; 15: 332-342.
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.