1. Launonen V, Vierimaa O, Kiuru M, et al. Inherited susceptibility to uterine leiomyomas and renal cell cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2001; 98: 3387-3392.
2. Tomlinson IPM, Alam NA, Rowan AJ, et al. Germline mutations in FH predispose to dominantly inherited uterine fibroids, skin leiomyomata and papillary renal cancer. Nat Genet 2002; 30: 406-410.
3. Rustin P. Mitochondria, from cell death to proliferation. Nat Genet 2002; 30: 352-353.
4. Alam NA, Rowan AJ, Wortham NC, et al. Genetic and functional analyses of FH mutations in multiple cutaneous and uterine leiomyomatosis, hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cancer, and fumarate hydratase deficiency. Human Molec Genet 2003; 12: 1241-1252.
5. Kiuru M, Launonen V, Hietala M, et al. Familial cutaneous leiomyomatosis is a two-hit condition associated with renal cell cancer of characteristic histopathology. Am J Pathol 2001; 159: 825-829.
6. Lehtonen R, Kiuru M, Vanharanta S, et al. Biallelic inactivation of fumarate hydratase (FH) occurs in nonsyndromic uterine leiomyomas but is rare in other tumors. Am J Pathol 2004; 164: 17-22.
7. Raj S, Calonje E, Kraus M, et al. Cutaneous pilar leiomyoma: Clinicopathologic analysis of 53 lesions in 45 patients. Am J Dermatopathol 1997; 19: 2-9.
8. Vergani R, Betti R, Uziel L, Tolomio E, Crosti C. Eruptive multiple sporadic cutaneous piloleiomyomas in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Br J Dermatol 2000; 143: 907-909.
9. Kanitakis J, Carbonnel E, Chouvet B, Labeille B, Claudy A. Cutaneous leiomyomas (piloleiomyomas) in adult patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. Br J Dermatol 2000; 143: 1338-1340.
10. McClain K, Leach C, Jenson H. Association of Epstein-Barr virus with leiomyosarcomas in children with AIDS. N Engl J Med 1995; 332: 12-18.
11. George S, Pulimood S, Jacob M, Chandi SM. Pain in multiple leiomyomas alleviated by nifedipine. Pain 1997; 73: 101-102.
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.