Did you consider:
1. Drug eruption?
5. Occupational or hobbies?
9. Systemic illness?
Did you think of these broad categories?
1. Infectious: E.g., bacterial, fungal, parasitic, spirochetal, viral
4. Allergic: E.g., contact dermatitis
5. Drug reaction
Did you examine for or enquire about:
1. Focus of infection?
2. Foreign travel?
3. Mucosal clues?
4. Nail clues?
5. Over-the-counter, herbal, or natural medicines?
7. Scalp clues?
8. Tinea pedis?
3. Envision the lesion at another site?
4. Order blood studies?
5. Order imaging studies?
6. Patch test?
7. Perform a KOH?
8. Really listen to the patient?
Diagnostic Hints Courtesy of Dr. Walter B. Shelley.
Was this article helpful?
I lost over 60 pounds and 4+ inches off my waist without pills, strenuous exercise, or any of the things that the diet experts tell you to do...and I did it in less than 4 months! If you have the desire, and can read through my e-book , then this is for you! I could have easily made it a lot more difficult, with stacks of information that people will never read, but why?