25. Griffin TD, Van Scott EJ. Use of pyruvic acid in the treatment of actinic keratoses: a clinical and histopathologic study. Cutis 1991; 47:325-329.
26. Leyden JJ, Shalita AR. Rational therapy for acne vulgaris: an update on topical treatment. J Am Acad Dermatol 1986; 15:907-914.
27. Eady EA, Burke BM, Pulling K, Cunliffe WJ. The benefit of 2% salicylic acid lotion in acne—a placebo-controlled study. J Dermatol Treat 1996; 7:93-96.
28. Pericone NV. Treatment of pseudofolliculitis barbae with topical glycolic acid: a report of two studies. Cutis 1993; 52:232-235.
29. Smith WP. Hydroxy acids and skin aging. Cosmet Toilet 1994; 109:41-44.
30. Bernstein EF, Uitto J. Connective tissue alterations in photoaged skin and the effects of alpha-hydroxy acids. J Geriatr Dermatol 1995; 3:7A-18A.
31. Leyden JJ, Lavker RM, Grove G, Kaidbey K. Alpha hydroxy acids are more than moisturizers. J Geriatr Dermatol 1995; 3:33A-37A.
32. DiNardo JC, Grove GL, Moy LS. Clinical and histological effects of glycolic acid at different concentrations and pH levels. Dermatol Surg 1996; 22:421424.
33. Ditre CM, Griffin TD, Murphy GF, Sueki H, Telegan B, Johnson WC, Yu RJ, Van Scott EJ. Effect of a-hydroxy acids on photoaged skin: a pilot clinical, histologic, and ultrastructural study. J Am Acad Dermatol 1996; 34:187-195.
34. Griffin TD, Murphy GF, Sueki H, Telegan B, Johnson WC, Ditre CM, Yu RJ, Van Scott EJ. Increased factor Xllla transglutaminase expression in dermal dendrocytes after treatment with a-hydroxyacids: potential physiologic significance. J Am Acad Dermatol 1996; 34:196-203.
35. Smith WP. Epidermal and dermal effects of topical lactic acid. J Am Acad Dermatol 1996; 35:388-391.
36. Lavker RM, Kaidbey K, Leyden JJ. Effects of topical ammonium lactate on cutaneous atrophy from a potent topical corticosteroid. J Am Acad Dermatol 1992; 26: 535-544.
37. Burns RL, Prevost-Blank PL, Lawry MA, Lawry TB, Faria DT, Fivenson DP. Glycolic acid peels for postinflammatory hyperpigmentation in Black patients. Dermatol Surg 1997; 23:171-175.
38. Elson ML. The utilization of glycolic acid in photoaging. Cosmet Dermatol 1992; 5:12-15.
39. Hermitte R. Aged skin, retinoids, and alpha-hydroxy acids. Cosmet Toilet 1992; 107:63-67.
40. Moy LS, Murad H, Moy RL. Glycolic acid therapy: evaluation of efficacy and techniques in treatment of photodamage lesions. Am J Cosmet Surg 1993; 10:913.
41. Pierard-Franchimont C, Deleixhe-MauhinF, Dubois A, Goffin V, Viatour M, Pierard GE. Rides et microrelief cutane. Modifications par un alpha-hydroxyacide. Rev Med Liege 1994; 49:268-273.
42. Pierard GE, Henry F, Pierard-Franchimont C. Comparative effect of short-term topical tretinoin and glycolic acid on mechanical properties of photodamaged facial skin in HRT-treated menopausal women. Maturitas 1996; 23:273-277.
43. Stiller MJ, Bartolone J, Stern R, Smith S, Kollias N, Gillies R, Drake LA. Topical
Was this article helpful?