1. Crocq L. (1997) The emotional consequences of war 50 years on. A psychiatric perspective. In L. Hunt, M. Marshall, C. Rowlings (Eds.), Past Trauma in Late Life, pp. 39-48. Kingsley, London.
2. Cohen R. (2002) Mental health services for victims of disasters. World Psychiatry, 1: 149-152.
3. Lopez-Ibor J.J. (2002) The psycho(patho)logy of disasters. Presented at the 12th World Congress of Psychiatry, Yokohama, August 24-29.
4. Benyakar M., Kutz I., Dasberg H., Stern M. (1989) The collapse of a structure: a structural approach to trauma. J Trauma Stress, 2: 431-449.
5. Benyakar M. (in press) Five wars. In Living with Terror, Working with Trauma: A Clinician's Handbook. Aronson, New York.
6. Benyakar M., Knafo D. (in press) Disruption: individual and collective threats. In Living with Terror, Working with Trauma: A Clinician's Handbook. Aronson, New York.
7. Benyakar M. (2003) Disruption: Collective and Individual Threats. Biblos, Buenos Aires.
8. Lopez-Ibor J.J. (2003) Foreword. In M. Benyakar (Ed.), Disruption: Collective and Individual Threats, pp. 11-13. Biblos, Buenos Aires.
9. Crocq L. (1996) Critique du concept d'etat de stress post-traumatique. Perspectives Psychologiques, December.
10. Shalev A.Y. (2000) Post-traumatic stress disorder: diagnosis, history and life course. In D. Nutt, J. Davison, J. Zohar (Eds.), Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. Diagnosis, Management and Treatment, pp. 1-12. Dunitz, London.
11. Benyakar M., Collazo C., de Rosa E. (2002) Anxiety by disruption. http:// psiquiatria.com.
12. McFarlane A.C. (1989) The treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder. Br J Med Psychol, 18: 354-358.
13. Ursano R.J., Fullerton C., McCaughey B.G. (2000) Trauma and Disaster. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
14. Susser E.S., Susser M. (2002) The aftermath of September 11: what's an epidemiologist to do? Int J Epidemiol, 31: 719-721.
15. Cohen R. (1999) Mental Health for Victims of Disasters. Instructors Guide. Pan-American Health Organization, Washington, DC.
16. Cohen R. (1999) Mental Health for Victims of Disasters. Workers Manual. Pan-American Health Organization, Washington, DC.
17. Lopez-Ibor J.J., Soria J., Canas F., Rodriguez-Gamazo M. (1985) Psychopatho-logical aspects of the toxic oil syndrome catastrophe. Br J Psychiatry, 147: 352365.
18. Lopez-Ibor J.J. (1987) Social reinsertion after catastrophes. The toxic oil syndrome experience. Eur J Psychiatry, 1: 12-19.
19. Mark B.S., Layton A., Chesworth M. (1997) I'll Know What To Do: A Kid's Guide to Natural Disasters. American Psychological Association, Washington, DC.
20. Murthy S. (2002) Riots. Psychosocial Care by Community Level Helpers for Survivors. Books for Change, Bangalore.
21. Kretsch R., Benyakar M., Baruch E., Roth M. (1997) A shared reality of therapists and survivors in a national crisis as illustrated by the gulf war. Israel J Psychiatry, 34: 28-33.
22. Benyakar M. (2002) Frame in social disasters, war and terrorism. In J. Raphael-Left (Ed.), Between Sessions and Beyond the Couch, pp. 126-129. University of Essex, Colchester.
23. Tyano S. (1996) Seven year follow-up of child survivors of a bus-train collision. Personal communication.
24. Benyakar M. (2000) Aggression of Life and Violence of Death. The Infant and His Environment. http://w.w.w.winnicott.net/patron_esp.htm.
25. Collazo C. (1985) Psychiatric casualties in Malvinas war: a provisional report. In P. Pichot, P. Berner, R. Wolf, K. Thau (Eds.), Psychiatry: The State of the Art, Vol. 6, pp. 499-503. Plenum Press, New York.
26. Lebigot F. (1998) The advantages of immediate and postimmediate care following psychic trauma. Presented at the 5th World Congress of the International Association for Emergency Psychiatry, Brussels, 15-17 October.
27. Crocq L., Doutheau C., Louville P., Cremniter D. (1998) Psychiatrie de catastrophe. Reactions immediates et differées, troubles sequellaires. Paniques et psychopathologie collective. In Encyclopédie Médico-Chirurgicale, Psychiatrie, 37-113-D-10. Elsevier, Paris.
28. Solomon Z., Laor N., Weiler D., Muller U., Hadar O., Waysman M., et al. (1991) The psychological impact of the Gulf War: a study of acute stress in Israeli evacuees. Arch Gen Psychiatry, 50: 320-321.
29. Solomon Z. (1993) Immediate and long-term effects of traumatic combat stress among Israeli veterans of the Lebanon War. In J.P. Wilson, B. Raphael (Eds.), International Handbook of Traumatic Stress Syndromes, pp. 321-332. Plenum, New York.
30. Benyakar M. (1994) Trauma and post traumatic neurosis: from the psychological experience to theoretical consideration. Actualidad Psicológica, 211: 2632.
31. Okasha A., Arboleda-Florez J., Sartorius N. (2000) Ethics, Culture and Psychiatry: International Perspectives. American Psychiatric Press, Washington, DC.
32. Fariña J., Benyakar M., Arboleda Florez J. (2003) International bioethical information system: multimedia on ethics in catastrophes. Presented at the Interamerican Congress of Psychology, Lima, July 13-18.
33. Marshall C. (1979) Bringing up the Rear: A Memoir. Presidio Press, San Rafael.
34. Mitchell J.T. (1983) When disaster strikes: the critical incident stress debriefing process. J Emergency Med Serv, 8: 35-39.
35. Dyregov A. (1997) The process of psychological debriefings. J Trauma Stress, 10: 589-605.
36. Perren-Klingler G. (2003) Debriefing. Models and Applications. From the Traumatic History to the Integrated Story. Psychotrauma Institute, Switzerland.
37. Herman J. (1997) Trauma and Recovery. The Aftermath of Violence. From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror. Basic Books, New York.
38. Wessely S., Deahl M. (2003) Psychological debriefing is a waste of time. Br J Psychiatry, 183: 12-14.
39. Armstrong K., O'Callahan W., Marmar C.R. (1991) Debriefing Red Cross disaster personnel: the multiple stressor debriefing model. J Trauma Stress, 4: 581-593.
40. Dyregov A. (1989) Caring for helpers in disaster situations: psychological debriefing. Disaster Management, 2: 25-30.
41. Chemtob C., Toma S., Law W., Cremniter D. (1997) Post-disaster psychological interventions: a field study of the impact of debriefing on psychological distress. Am J Psychiatry, 154, 415-417.
42. Hobbs M., Mayou R., Harrison B., Worlock P. (1996) A randomised controlled trial of psychological debriefing for victims of road traffic accidents. Br Med J, 313: 1438-1439.
43. Bisson J.I., Jenkins P.L., Alexander J., Bannister C. (1997) Randomised controlled trial of psychological debriefing for victims of acute burn trauma. Br J Psychiatry, 171: 78-81.
44. Rose S., Bisson J., Wessely S. (2002) Psychological debriefing for preventing post-traumatic stress disorder. Cochrane Library, issue 2. Update Software, Oxford.
45. Everly G.S. Jr., Mitchell J.T. (1999) The debriefing "controversy" and crisis intervention: a review of lexical and substantive issues. Int J Emergency Mental Health, 2: 211-225.
46. National Institute of Mental Health (2002) Mental Health and Mass Violence: Evidence-Based Early Psychological Intervention for Victims/Survivors of Mass Violence. A Workshop to Reach Consensus Based on Practices. US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC.
47. Kilpatrick D.G., Veronen L.J., Resick P.A. (1982) Psychological sequelae to rape: assessment and treatment strategies. In D.M. Dolays, R.L. Meredith, A.R. Ciminero (Eds.), Behavioral Medicine: Assessment and Treatment Strategies, pp. 473-497. Plenum Press, New York.
48. Foa E.B., Hearst-Ikeda E., Perry K.J. (1995) Evaluation of a brief cognitive behavioral program for the prevention of chronic PTSD in recent assault victims. J Consult Clin Psychol, 152: 116-120.
49. Bryant R.A., Sackville T., Dang S.T., Moulds M., Guthrie R. (1999) Treating acute stress disorder: an evaluation of cognitive behavior therapy and supportive counseling techniques. Am J Psychiatry, 156: 1780-1786.
50. Shapiro F. (1989) Eye movement desensitization: a new treatment for post traumatic stress disorder. J Behav Ther Exper Psychiatry, 20, 211-217.
51. Vaughan K., Armstrong M.S., Gold R., O'Connor N., Jenneke W., Tarrier N. (1994) A trial of eye movement desensitization compared to image habituation training, and applied muscle relaxation in posttraumatic stress disorder. J Behav Ther Exper Psychiatry, 25: 237-248.
52. Devilly G.J., Spence S.H., Rapee R.M. (1998) Statistical and reliable change with eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: treating trauma within a veteran population. Behav Ther, 29: 435-455.
53. McNally R.J. (in press) On eye movements and animal magnetism: a reply to Greenwald's defense of EMDR. J Anxiety Disord.
54. Van Etten M.L., Taylor S. (1998) Comparative efficacy of treatments for posttraumatic stress disorder: a meta-analysis. Clin Psychol Psychother, 5: 126145.
55. Ogden P., Minton K. (2000) Sensorimotor psychotherapy: one method for processing traumatic memory. Traumatology, 6.
56. Lindy J.D. (1993) Focal psychoanalytic psychotherapy of posttraumatic stress disorder. In J.P. Wilson and B. Raphael (Eds.), International Handbook of Traumatic Stress Syndromes, pp. 803-810. Plenum, New York.
Was this article helpful?